Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Girl's Day


I feel so fortunate that M and I got a couple of days together. Hubby was traveling and I took a couple days off work so we could hang out. 

We had a great afternoon of lunch, tea and exploration in Columbia, CA. Columbia Kate's Teahouse is always a treat and worth the 90 mile drive. 

We enjoyed chicken pot pie, corn chowder, a big pot of jasmine flower tea, bread pudding and brownie. 


All of this was a welcome respite from a cold rainy day which we desperately need in California. Good food and great company.

I truly enjoy my daughter's company. She's my favorite female person. We have deep conversations and laughter. I am so fortunate she is my daughter and I am honored to be a part of her life.


No comments:

Couldn't have said it better....


There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle, or the mirror that reflects it. (Edith Wharton)

***
Life is a banquet... and most poor suckers are starving to death. Live... live..... LIVE!!!!! (Auntie Mame)

***
Your life is an occasion. Rise to it. (Edward Magorium
Toy impresario, wonder aficionado, avid shoe-wearer)

***
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she is in hot water. (Eleanor Roosevelt)

***
Be not afraid of growing slowly. Be afraid of standing still. (Chinese proverb)