Friday, June 10, 2011

Another turning point...

Green Day is right....time does grab us by the wrist and directs us where to go. I have a hard time not asking why, but I think that's human. Yesterday was Maggie's last day in elementary school. I'm not sure when schools shifted from 6th grade starting middle school. In my day (uh oh.. did I just really type that like an old fogey?!?!) middle school was 7th and 8th grade.

Do any of you watch Modern Family? If not, you should. I think it's funny for everyone, but most especially if you're a parent. If you've seen the episode where Claire and Phil's middle child, Alex, is graduating 8th grade you'll get this ... totally. Yesterday, Chris walked up to me and gave me a good morning kiss. He stepped back and looked at my now-welled up eyes and said "hey, are you okay?" And I just squeaked out a tiny "yes". Then, with all the humor I could muster I said "Hysterical wife. Hysterical wife. Hysterical wife. Jackpot." ☺ I was welling up because this is the visage I was gazing upon before he walked up to give me that smooch.



This is, of course, in reference to the Modern Family episode "See you Next Fall" where Phil explains Claire is solid, but then falls apart the day after a family milestone and he is left to pick up the pieces. The only problem is... the day after Alex's graduation, he was supposed to go to Vegas with his former male college cheerleader buds. (Insert SNORT LAUGH here) therefore he kept trying to make her fall apart the day of the milestone instead. Heh heh.

I'm happy to say I have been absolutely tear-free today and I even managed to keep it together during yesterday's final 5th grade Survivor party. Yay! I guess I'll have to let you know about tomorrow.......


No comments:

Couldn't have said it better....


There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle, or the mirror that reflects it. (Edith Wharton)

***
Life is a banquet... and most poor suckers are starving to death. Live... live..... LIVE!!!!! (Auntie Mame)

***
Your life is an occasion. Rise to it. (Edward Magorium
Toy impresario, wonder aficionado, avid shoe-wearer)

***
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she is in hot water. (Eleanor Roosevelt)

***
Be not afraid of growing slowly. Be afraid of standing still. (Chinese proverb)