Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Books. I have a problem.

I am not ashamed to admit I have a book problem. Well, I technically would not refer to it as a problem as that would suggest there is something wrong. There is nothing wrong with a deep and lasting affection for the written word. 

I often go on "Book Benders" that is buying or borrowing several at a time though my reading queue is quite long already. 

It is true that I fit right into the mold of this list (though I think that it's safe to expand beyond YA fiction.... though I do love and read an awful lot of YA fiction.

I am definitely guilty of taking "Shelfies" -- that is photos of my physical book collection or the ones in my Kindle. 

I may also exhibit this trait...


Before we commit to being friends, I'd like to take a quick look at your bookshelf.

I may also show an inherent trust of people who tell me that they do not read books. I just don't get why someone wouldn't enjoy reading!?!?

OverDrive Digital Library is my Constant. I consistently check it for new books I'd like to read and revel in the fact that I can borrow said books for FREE thanks to my library card. 

This in my inbox NEVER fails to excite me!




Speaking of library cards I may collect them wherever I go. Did you know that in most of the United States if you present your driver's license you can get a library card!?!? I may or may not have a Boston Public Library card. It may come to pass that when I visit London this summer I will inquire as to whether or not I can obtain a library card from The British Library. 

Finally, I can honestly say that this robust list of 19 Dilemmas Every Book-Lover Has Faced At Least Once by Arianna Rebolini is wholly inaccurate! Fine. It is accurate, but thanks to my Kindle PaperWhite #3 & #4 are no longer a severe issue for me. Details, details! 

Finally, if you're a Book Nerd and share in the Book culture, I've collected quite a few Pins regarding the written word. :) Hopefully they bring you enjoyment and make you chuckle before returning to your chapter. 

Happy reading!!! 









No comments:

Couldn't have said it better....


There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle, or the mirror that reflects it. (Edith Wharton)

***
Life is a banquet... and most poor suckers are starving to death. Live... live..... LIVE!!!!! (Auntie Mame)

***
Your life is an occasion. Rise to it. (Edward Magorium
Toy impresario, wonder aficionado, avid shoe-wearer)

***
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she is in hot water. (Eleanor Roosevelt)

***
Be not afraid of growing slowly. Be afraid of standing still. (Chinese proverb)